Thursday, January 7, 2010

I'll do better next time.


Now I remember why I stopped reviewing things on my previous blog HERE.

Eventually, it sounds like I'm playing the same note over...and over...and over....

To be truthful, I think I have a pretty good imagination, but only a limited vocabulary when it comes to the critical appreciation. In conversation, I can easily articulate if I like or hate something, and build an argument on why I have those beliefs. In writing, everything gets limited and my thoughts fall into a few basic templates (which I won't get explain here, sheesh, I'm not giving my tricks away). I know for a fact there's tons of my reviews out there that are nearly identical to each other. All you have to do is fill in a few blanks and TA-DA - instant mad libs critical work-sheet.

This isn't an "I quit" letter. It's just my weekly dose of self-reflective moaning.

If anyone has a better brain and wants to share, I'm taking donations.

No comments:

Post a Comment