Wednesday, December 30, 2009

EOD: Good Morning Future Justin



In an attempt to wake up at an ungodly hour and get stuff done, I've recorded myself yelling at my future self about being a lazy ass and set it as an EIGHT FREAKING AM ALARM! As per usual, the technology alluded me and I had to jump through ten flaming hoops rimmed with razor blades as tigers chased me just to get the bloody thing to work as an alarm. Why is technology always collapsing under me the second I need it to do something useful? Realistically, technology works 98% of the time but every time it actually works it sticks out like a sore thumb as opposed to the smoothness I'm accustomed to.

The stylish new coat I got for Christmas looks good, but when I run the stuff in my pocket bounces up and smashes painfully into my balls with every step. It's as if the designers never assumed people would put stuff in the pockets and run. They assumed that every wearer would only stroll leisurely.

FILM WATCHED:
WHAT ABOUT BOB


I love Frank Oz's hilarious "I'm the dweebish jerk" acting and voice roles, he's Ernie after all, but the man pretty wobbly when it comes to directorial work. His LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS is perfect in every regard, but comedy wise he's all over the place in all the comedies he's done. I'd have ZERO interest in WHAT ABOUT BOB if it weren't for the pitch perfect performance from Bill Murray. Everything else lands flat. There's barely any jokes to keep things afloat. The schmaltzy 90's comedy score grates on the ears every single time it's pumped out onto the soundtrack to let the audience know IT'S OKAY TO LAUGH! I hear Oz's DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS is a laugh riot, so I'll check that out next and give the man's creative talents behind the camera another chance. THE LITTLE SHOP goodwill will last him forever.

I had a moment of "Who's that actor?" with the mother character of the film and TA-DA she was female lead in AIRPLANE.

Down on Skid Roooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment